What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name
- Your contact information including email address
- Some demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. You have to opt-in to this service, and can ask us to stop contacting you at any time
- Fraud prevention services:
- Before we provide services or goods we undertake checks for the purposes of preventing fraud and money laundering, and to verify your identity. These checks require us to process personal data about you.
- The personal data you have provided, we have collected from you, or we have received from third parties will be used to prevent fraud and money laundering, and to verify your identity. Details of the personal information that will be processed include, for example: name, address, contact details, financial information, and device identifiers such as including IP address.
- We and fraud prevention agencies may also enable law enforcement agencies to access and use your personal data to detect, investigate and prevent crime.
- We process your personal data on the basis that we have a legitimate interest in preventing fraud and money laundering, and to verify identity, in order to protect our business and to comply with laws that apply to us. Such processing is also a contractual requirement of the services or financing you have requested.
- We process your personal data on the basis that it is necessary in the public interest or in exercising official authority for us to prevent fraud and money laundering, and to verify identity, in order to protect ourselves and to comply with laws that apply to us.
- Fraud prevention agencies can hold your personal data for different periods of time, and if you are considered to pose a fraud or money laundering risk, your data can be held for up to six years.
- Whenever fraud prevention agencies transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area, they impose contractual obligations on the recipients of that data to protect your personal data to the standard required in the European Economic Area. They may also require the recipient to subscribe to ‘international frameworks’ intended to enable secure data sharing.
Very occasionally, we may contact you by email for market research purposes, and use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We will never share your information with external companies for marketing purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
For further details of the security processes we have in place, you can get details from https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/pci_security/
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by email.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you ask us to do so.
You can request details of personal information which we hold about you. A small fee may be payable to cover out admin costs in providing this. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us by email.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible using the Contact Us link above, and we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
What are your rights?
You are entitled to request the following from MobiTools, these are called your Data Subject Rights and there is more information on these on the Information Commissioners website www.ico.org.uk
- Right of access:
- To request access to your personal information and information about how we process it
- To request this, please email us.
- Right to rectification:
- To have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten):
- To ask us to erase all your information we hold, please email us.
- Right to restriction of processing:
- To restrict processing of your personal information
- Right to data portability:
- To electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form
- Right to object:
- To object to processing of your personal information
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling
If you have any questions or want to exercise your rights please contact us on info@MobiTools.co.uk quoting Security and Privacy Enquiry.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. If you are in the UK, contact details can be found at www.ico.org.uk where you can make a complaint if you believe your personal information has or is being used in a way that you believe is against regulations. However, we would encourage you to contact us before making any complaint as we will endeavour to resolve any issues or concerns you may have.
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies, please visit this guide written by the BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/webwise/guides/about-cookies
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
Account related cookies
Login related cookies
Email newsletters related cookies
This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
Orders processing related cookies
This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
Site preferences cookies
In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page
Third Party Cookies
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
As we sell products it's important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
Several partners advertise on our behalf and affiliate tracking cookies simply allow us to see if our customers have come to the site through one of our partner sites so that we can credit them appropriately.
Hopefully that has clarified things and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren't sure whether you need or not it's usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.